From the Council – 06/14/2021
FROM THE COUNCIL (summary from the June 14th Congregation Council meeting)
• It was noted that we are not meeting the anticipated revenues to meet our approved budget. This past month we fell under what was needed to meet expenses by $2,614.62. It is very important that giving is consistent.
• The Council continued the process of opening church facilities to support ministries.
o Effective immediately, funerals can be held in the worship space, following the same guidelines that we have in place for 10:30am worship.
o All church related groups (including Girl Scouts) will be welcomed back to the church building as of September 1st.
o The church kitchen will be open for use starting September 1st.
o Pastor will meet with the leader(s) of each group to go over building use guidelines and how the kitchen is to be cleansed after each use.
• At this time, the Council did not feel it was wise to host the Fall Fair.
• Faith Builders will be hosting an Ice Cream party July 10 starting at 6:30pm (yum!) and a movie night on August 28. Mark your calendars
• Property reported that an agreement has been signed to have the church re-keyed with a secure key system. This should be completed in time for September 1st, when many of our groups will have access to the building again.
• Property also reported that there is an issue with the Front Parking lot. Part of the lot is sinking and needs to be investigated immediately. Council agreed and took the proper steps to investigate what is happening. In the meantime, the front parking lot should not be used for any purpose. The congregation will be made aware of what is happening as soon as we understand what is causing the lot to sink.
• Community Care reported a good response to the Diapers and Canned Good plea. They will be meeting on June 24th to expand their ranks and look to establish a deeper relationship with the Easton Neighborhood Center.
• Memorial reported that all the bricks for the Memorial Garden have been installed. Once the office receives names of those who purchased bricks, letters will be going out to the families.
Please remember any member of the congregation can join a Congregation Council meeting and express their opinion. Go to the church website, click on the calendar and the Zoom link to the meeting is there. Our next meeting is Sunday evening June 27th at 7:30pm.