From the Council – 10/5/2020
FROM THE PASTOR AND THE COUNCIL…
Greetings my friends. As you receive this it will be October, and as much as we are struggling through this pandemic, at times it feels like time is moving quickly. So be it, I’d like to share some this and that including some notes from our last Council meeting.
• A financial note: last time I wrote I was happy to say that we were doing better, well I am even happier to say that trend continued, at first blush we should be able to meet September’s budget and begin to pay back some of that $5,500.00 deficit. Please keep up your support and a big thank you for all that you have done. As of this writing I do not have exact numbers but I will share them as soon as I receive them.
• We continue to look for people to serve on the Congregation Council. I encourage you to think about serving on the Council. While there are some “nuts and bolts” that are associated with serving on the council, it is also a wonderful opportunity to serve with a great bunch of people and find wonderful ways to have an impact on the ministries of St. Andrew’s. Call me!
• St. Andrew’s Nursery School is doing very well. Hats off to a superior staff and director, and off course we are blessed with a great group of children that we are blessed to serve.
• We have received the components that are necessary to install a camera in the worship space. When that happens we hope to celebrate the 8:30 Zoom service live! Stay tuned more info will come your way.
• Speaking of more info, please be aware that there are many things that are still happening…
o Confirmation starts October 25 6:30 PM!
o Reformation Worship will have a “little” change…. Remember to wear RED
o We will still celebrate All Saints, with names and the ringing of the bell
o Advent and Christmas are right around the corner, Worship and Music are working to make those seasons special… stay tuned!
In the end I want to express my thanks for all the hard work by both staff and volunteers that make St. Andrew’s the great church that it is, it is a joy to be your pastor.